Department of Small Business, Employment and Training
Fees and Refunds
Queensland User Choice
Fees and Charges
- Integracom will charge and collect the fees at the rate set by the Queensland Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for students entering into a traineeship/apprenticeship in accordance with the User Choice Funding Program requirements. The current student contribution fee rate for 2018 is set by DESBT at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency. This rate may be subject to change by DESBT and hence, will be monitored and reviewed the Integracom Compliance Manager on a yearly basis.
- The fees may be paid by the student or the employer. Integracom may also use its discretion to charge any additional fees to the employer to cover the cost of training and resources.
- No fees will be charged to school based trainees/apprentices (SATs).
- No fees will be charged for units granted as Credit Transfer (Outcome Identifier Code 60) or transitional gap training for transferring participants to superseding units of competency (Outcome Identifier Code 65).
- To support Queensland Government’s fee-free initiative for Year 12 graduates in high-priority qualifications under User Choice, Integracom will gather the following documentation prior to granting fee-free training:
- evidence of completing Year 12 in Queensland, for example hold a Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority issued Senior Statement or equivalent certification
- check that enrolment of the student is in a high-priority listed qualification check that commencement of training is within 12 months of graduating Year 12 ( i.e. by the end of the calendar year after completing Year 12).For high-priority qualifications funded for Year 12 graduates, refer to the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
- Integracom will charge 40% of the Student Contribution Fee where the student falls into the following exemption categories:
- The student was or will be under 17 at the end of February in the year in which the PQS provides training, and the Participant is not at school and has not completed year 12;
- The student holds a health care card or pensioner card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependent of a person who holds a health care card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card;
- The student issues the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, his or her partner or the person of whom the Participant is a dependent, is entitled to concessions under a health care card or pensioner concession card; or
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. Acceptable evidence is as stated on the Training Contract and AVETMISS VET Enrolment Form.
Refund of Fees
- Integracom’s Refund Policy under the Queensland User Choice funding program requires:
- the provision for full refunds to students for Contribution Fees charged and collected in relation to training delivery that has not commenced at the time of the cancellation of enrolment
- the provision of proportionate refunds where the student has withdrawn from a Unit of Competency/Module; and
- the provision of refunds to employers/industry for additional charges paid beyond the Participant and government contributions