Department of Small Business, Employment and Training
Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills
Fees and Refunds
Queensland Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills
Fees and Charges
- Integracom will charge and collect the fee at the unit of competency level, so that fees for units of competency add up to the total co-contribution fee published on the website.
- Evidence of collection of fee will be retained for each student for each unit of competency. Credit transfers (Outcome Identifier Code 60) and transitional gap training for transferring participants to superseding units (Outcome Identifier Coder 65) of competency are an exception to the rule where no fee will be charged.
- At enrolment, the Integracom Enrolment officer will confirm concessional status of the student based on evidence sighted and will retain a copy of the evidence by taking a picture or photocopying/scanning documents.
- Concessional status may be granted where:
- the student holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependent of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card
- the student provides the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, his or her partner, or the person of whom the student is a dependent, is entitled to concessions under a health care or pensioner concession card
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (it is sufficient for the student to declare this on the enrolment form. No further evidence will be sought).
- the student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include youth in detention)
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner
- A file note will be entered in relation to the due date for follow up/update of current concessional evidence.
Year 12 Fee-free Training
- To support Queensland Government’s fee-free initiative for Year 12 graduates in high-priority qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee, Integracom will gather the following documentation prior to granting fee-free training:
- evidence of completing Year 12 in Queensland, for example hold a Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority issued Senior Statement or equivalent certification
- check that enrolment of the student is in a high-priority listed qualification
- check that commencement of training is within 12 months of graduating Year 12. (i.e. by the end of the calendar year after completing Year 12).
- For high-priority qualifications funded for Year 12 graduates, refer to the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
Refunds under Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills
- All course fees, except for state-funded students, include an enrolment fee. This amount is specified on all course information about fees and charges and on the statement of fees signed by each student prior to entry into a course. The enrolment fee is non-refundable except in the instance where Integracom is required to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers, maximum numbers being reached, a unit or course being re-scheduled to a time unsuitable to the student or for other unforeseen circumstances.
- Students who withdraw from a course and wish to seek a refund or have the amount they owe on their fees reduced, must apply to Integracom in writing within fourteen (14) days of the official withdrawal date, outlining the details and reason for their request. Students who have not completed a withdrawal form are not eligible for consideration of a refund or reduction in fees.
- Eligibility for a refund will be assessed based on the services provided to the student, the costs incurred by Integracom in order to provide those services to the student.
- In order to maintain consistent and fair decisions on refunds and fee reductions, Integracom maintains an internal schedule of the cost of each type of service provided and will base decisions on the total fees to be charged to a student based on this schedule. This schedule will be provided to students on request.
- The outcome of the refund assessment will be provided by written notice to the student’s registered address, within 14 days of receipt of a written application outlining the decision and reasons for the decision along with any applicable refund or adjustment notice.
- A refund will be paid directly to the student or the person who made payment.